tisdag 27 juni 2017

Oslo first visit

My mother wished to see Oslo, so last weekend we visited Oslo on her conditions. Very nice.

My mother wished to see grassland. The train trip from Stockholm to Oslo took 5 hours and supplied view of both forest and grassland. :-)

I like Oslo S (Central station), because it faces the sea front. I like our rum at Comfort Hotel Børsparken, because of the nice view over the Opera house.

I like the public transport. With our 24-hours tickets we enjoyed a ride of public ferry (from platform E) in Oslo fjord, tram 18 and 19 to Ekebergpark, tram 19 and 12 to Vigelandsparken. Very convenient, also an unexpected experience. We missed the direct tram 12 to Vigelandsparken, so we took the tram 19, as I saw the end station for tram 19 is also the end station for tram 12. We were going to exchange trams. At the end station the tram number changed from 19 to 12, so we did not need to exchange trams, the tram exchanged routes. An interesting surprise. 

I walked twice on the roof of the Opera house. I went half of Oslo's Harbour Promenade. 

My mother is very satisfied and excited about this short visit, especially the short walk in the forest in Ekebergparken. :-)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar