onsdag 28 juni 2017

Karlstad first visit

On the way back from Oslo to Stockholm my mother and I stayed in Karlstad for 24 hours. Wonderful. I love beautiful and calm Karlstad.

We enjoyed free dinner of good qulity at Clarion Collection Hotel Drott which is located just opposite the train-station. Very convenient. Nice buildning and decoration, friendly staff.

We took a little evening walk in the city center. I let my mother take a shortcut while I went along Sandgrundsudden. After coming back to the hotel with her, I found The Old Stonebridge on the map and decided to visit it. The Old Stonebridge was closed currently but there are some other bridges nearby. I went through 8 bridges in one hour, and it was just before midnight. Very fun. 

Next day is for Karlstad by boat. We took the boat-bus 91 from Almentorget to Mariebergskogen (Karlstad's city park) through the city, took a mini-train tour in the park, visited Naturum, took a walk in the forest, picknicked, and took the boat-bus 94 back. You should be there. :-)

I like this beautiful place surrounded by clear water. I feel natur and kultur in this calm place. I saw the nice paths for walk and for bike, I saw the locals enjoyed the life. Next time I will bicycle in Karlstad. :-)

I like "Sola i Kallsta". The symbol of Karlstad, ever smiling, warm natured Eva-Lisa Holtz worked as a waitress in Karlstad in the 18th century. Her sunny disposition erned her the nickname "Sola i Kallsta" (The sun in Karlstad).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar