söndag 30 april 2017

Amsterdam first visit

I have wanted to bicycle along Amsterdam's canals, and I did it last weekend.

I took a morning flight out and evening flight home, as usual. So I payed for two hotel nights for three whole days of experience.

Because Keukenhof, the most beautiful spring garden in the world, opens only 8 weeks yearly; because my visit to Amsterdam is in April; because Airport Schiphol is located between Keukenhof and Amsterdam; I took Keukenhof's direct bus from the airport and spent my first day in Keukenhof area. https://keukenhof.nl/en/

It was very easy to rent a bike outside the main entrance of Keukenhof. After the garden I took a bike tour through the flower fields then along a lake and beside the dunes to the sea. A beautiful and lovely trip. I love the sea. https://www.rentabikevandam.nl/en/

Wonderful to wake up with view over Prinsengracht canal. Very convenient to rent a bike from Prinsengracht Hotel and just out to bicycle over Amsterdam's bridges. Nice and calm along the canals, then an extensive reading of Vonderlpark and through Sarphatipark, later a evening walk in Amsterdams unique tourist attractions - the red light district. Interesting.

One-hour canal cruise made my view of Amsterdams canals and bridges complete. Very good. As I missed the ticket to the Van Gogh Museum, as I would like to explore more parks by bike, I zoomed out google maps to find my destinations. Along river Amstel I passed by Martin Luther Kingpark to Amstelpark. Before De Riekermolen (Windmill) the God gave me a hand - a map of 10 km hardlooproute through the green area - I followed the red signs on the road from Amstelpark via Gijsbrecht van Aemstelpark and Tennispark to Amsterdamse Bos (Amsterdam Forest). Cool. I stopped my bike in the rain and checked the time, it was 16:50 and I was in the forest in the direction from the city. It's time to return to the hotel for bus to the airport. 20 minuts on the nice bike-way on Amstelveenseweg took me long back. The rain had stopped, and Rembrandtpark's near where I stood, so I had enough time again. Through Rembrandtpark, along Jan Eversenstraat and along my Prinsengracht canal, my last 45 minutes on bike drew a beautiful U. 

The weather prognos had said it would came rain all the three days, and it was right. I had Gore-Tex shoes. I had windpants, gloves, beanie, scarf, umbrella and rain poncho with me, also sunglasses. All of them had come to use during my adventure in Amsterdam. A good outdoor experience. There is no bad weather.

I did what I wanted and what I felt like to do. No need just to dream of life, began to live dreams. Everybody may begin. :-)

Thanks Mohammed at Prinsengracht Hotel. Thanks God. Thanks the young student who guided me to Rembrandtpark.

Airport-bus 197 or airport train? Both go frequently and costs about 5€. The bus can be more convenient if your hotel is near one of the airport-bus stops.

If you really want to visit the Van Gogh Museum, please buy a ticket in advance. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar