fredag 31 mars 2017

Berlin first visit

I enjoyed Berlin and Potsdam by bike.

It cost 1.8€ and took 30 minutes with the airport bus TXL from Berlin Tegel airpot to the city center (Unter den Liden/Friedrichstrasse). It cost 3.4€ and took 29 minutes with RE1 from Friedrichstrasse (or Hauptbahnhof) to Potsdam hauptbahnhof. It cost 3.1€ and took 50 minutes with RE22 from Potsdam hauptbahnhof to Schönefeld airport. http://www.berlin.de/en/tourism/travel-information/4290081-2862820-route-planner.en.html

I got a free bike rental from Riverside Hotel via booking.com. I enjoyed the view over the river Spree and the Weidendammer bridge. My way - no alarm in the morning; strawberry from the supermarket; departure to the next destination when I felt like (, even if it is the time in stead of the day).

I bicycled along the river and the channal, I visited almost every part in the Tiergarten. I visited the dome of the Reichstag building, the museum island, Holocaust Memorial and Berlin Wall Memorial, also East side gallery. I visited Berlin city library, passed by two universities, three cemeteries, several parks and many statues.

I saw "The One" Grand Show at Friedrichstadt-Palast. What was incredible was that I could buy the best seat (row4, seat 34) just four days in advance. 

I would like to take a boat tour on river Spree, and I got/made my chance. The last scheduled tour was at 16:30. Efter a whole day bike-riding I passed the boat 17:50. The sign said "next tour 18:00" and the staff said the boat would go only if there are at least 10 passengers. At that time there were only 5 other people waiting. I encouraged them to pray for more people to come, I found the sign was not tightened so I could turn it around to all the directions. Two people stopped by our side. The staff came to the sign and said to me "Sorry, we can not go as there are not 10 passengers". When she was changing the next departure time to 18:30, then came our wanted two passengers. One hour leisure time on the river Spree with start 18:00. The first 5 passengers were excited and thanked me. :-)

Potsdam is beautiful. I decided to visit it when I saw its location on the map. A bike tour along the lakes and in the parks is highly recommended. My bike was from Pedales at Potsdam Main Station. 

Thanks Anne and Rau at Riverside. Thank God.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar