onsdag 20 september 2017

First walk around Lake Flaten

Last Sunday I took a walk around Lake Flaten in south Stockholm. I have visited the popular beach Flatenbadet several times before, but this was the first time for a walk around the lake. When I looked at the area on the map, I was sure that I would walk around the lake many times. 

I think Lake Flaten looks like a sibling to Lake Ältasjön. Flaten is ca 6 km perimeter, with direct access with bus 401 or bus 816, a beautiful lake in the forest. The name is also used for the surrounding nature reserve.

Flaten has the best water quality out of all lakes around Stockholm (Sandasjön belongs to Nacka). If you begin your walk from the beach counter-clockwise , a short while after passing by the allotment-gardens, you can walk through the long bridge and have a look at the treatment pool in the north-west corner of the lake. 

Next time I will walk around Flaten clockwise for a different view, maybe have a jar for lingonberry. There are mushrooms in the forest, but I remember for safety not to pick up any mushrooms except chanterelle. :-)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar