söndag 26 februari 2017

Malaga first visit

I love to walk along the sea. Costa de Sol, sun and sea. My first vist of Malaga last week. 

I chose the hotels on the map. First two nights at Eurostar Astria in Malaga city center, other four nights at Sol Timor Apartments by the sea in Torremolinos. I flied with Ryanair on Sunday morning, and back with SAS on Saturday afternoon. 

Malaga airport has the most convenient traffic communication. The commute train goes every 20 minutes from the airport. It takes 12 minutes to Malaga Centro and costs 1.80 Euro. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/index.html

I like everything there, the historic quarter and the beautiful seafrontMalaga has many museums and nice parks. Some museums have free admission on (part of) Sunday. I visited Alcazaba, Centre Pompidou Malaga, Picasso Foundation (Casa Natal Museum), Catheral and Centre for Contemporary Art. The next day many churches on my spontous wandering, Picasso musuem, Gibralfaro Castle, Muelle una, the beach, and sea-walk. Rented a bike the third day, four hours for 5 Euro, eastward 20 kilometers. Lovely days.

Long sea-walks in Torremolinos and Benalmadena. Wonderful time.

Thanks Malaga. Thanks nice people. Thanks the friendly receptionists for rum changes. Thanks wise Chee for your pleasant company beside the queen's lake while the king's path was closed, thanks for tips of book and app. Thanks the sweet girl Leonor at Cafe National park for your kindness. Thanks my glad neighbors and German Torsten who's been living in Spain for 8 years for inspiration. 

What makes this holiday special is I made a date with Chee - we will speak Spanish with each other after five years. :-)

A tip to you who are going to visit Malaga is to find Caminito del Rey in advance. 

1 kommentar:

  1. Hey Ran, I liked our meeting too. Especially the picknick you shared with me on that beautiful place.
    See you there in 5 years :)

    SvaraRadera